20 weeks pregnant with hiatal hernia, esophogitis, and GERD

Mon Jun 30 01:45:00 2003

Hi, I just had an endoscopy last week and I am 20 weeks pregnant. My doctor found a medium sized hiatal hernia and healed mild to moderate esophagitis. I had this procedure because I've had GERD for years. I have been put on such medications as Aciphex, Prevacid, Protonix, and Tegaserod. (The Tegaserod proved to be highly unsafe for me and my unborn baby with the diarrhea and cramping it caused.) None of these medications have controlled the acid production in my stomach and I throw up almost every single meal I eat. This happens because after I eat ANYTHING, it sits in my esophagus for sometimes hours until I vohmit. I have lost weight, while pregnant and before pregnancy, as a result of this disease. I was wondering if you could offer some information on living with this until I am able to have corrective surgery after my baby is born. I feel I am all out of treatment options and I can't imagine my baby is thriving very well. Every doctor I have been to acts as though the baby will be just fine and I am quite frustrated.

--
Stacey H.-

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: