Re: I also have a VERY important question can ANYONE PLEASE help???????

Wed Jul 2 09:18:19 2003

At Tue, 1 Jul 2003, AnnMarie wrote: >Cdif may or may not be caused from antibiotics. Generally the treatment is further antibiotics (Cdif in itself is a bacteria). Also antibiotics can destroy the flora that naturally occurs in the gut. Without this flora you can also get diarrhea. Try eating yogurt that contains live and active cultures, this can help restore the natural flora. Also it takes a simple stool sample to establish whether the cause is Cdif or not. There are multiple causes for diarrhea, and though it is a pain, it is important to treat it based on the cause, not just to try and contol the symptoms. Some people also acquire short term lactose intolerance from being on antibiotics. Hate to tell you this, but you may have to take a quick trip to the doctor.

Hope this helps,

--
Nina

>as I had mentioned in my last message, I have or at least had I'm pretty >sure I still do have c-diff, from being on 3 antibiotics(levoquin twice >and zythromax once)for 2 months(may-june)for a oral surgery for an oral >infection plus vacomycin last year for 4 months IV in the hosital and at >home fora ver bad shunt infection. now I have c-diff! its so horrible I >think as I understand from the Dr's while I was in the hospital, that >c-diff is some kind of infection in the bowel and intestine? I was >wondering if anyone has ever had tis before, and what they did for the >horrible cramping in the stomache, and awful diareiahh ( since I'm not >allowed to tak any type of anti-diahreah meds)because they infection in >mybowel and intestines have to get out in order for me to get better. I >was just wondering if n e one has ever had c-diff, and whatthey did and >how they coped? It's just SOOOOOOOOO hard, dealing with the affects of >c-diff, massive adhessions that I have, and the problems I think are >being caused my my vp shunt. I spent my first summer out of high scholl >( I graduated june 6, 2002) in the hospital very sick with a shunt >infection, and would like to at least enjoy this summer somewhat I know >with the adhesions that is gonna be hard as I cant even enjoy days from >adhesion pain, nevermind a summer, but this c-diff on top of everything >else I'm going thru is really hard to deal with, I feel so ill I only >get off the couch to come on this site, and go to the bathroom.I'm not >trying to itty myself, as I know many others hve just as many if not >more problems then me, but I'm only 19 and theres only so much I can >handle. Any info would help greatly. Thanks in advanced,

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: