My appointment yesterday

Wed Jul 2 10:27:37 2003

Sally, thank you for your response from yesterday!

I went to the doctor yesterday. He was nice. Said that my problems don't sound like a back problem, but an adhesion problem. He said that no gynecologist would operate because of adhesions and maybe a general surgeon would. He said what I already knew - more surgery, probably more adhesions and more pain. Something I'm not wanting to do anyway. I'm in more pain now after the second surgery than I was before. I wish I had just kept the cyst ;).

He did put in a referral for a second opinion gynecologist. I should have that in two weeks or so and then it will probably take another month to be seen. Waiting is something I've learned a great deal about lately ha!

Anyhow, the consensus was, it's probably adhesions and there's nothing anyone will do until I get a bowel obstruction. I asked about anti-depressants for pain and he didn't really say one way or the other. I left knowing about as much as I knew going in. This is pretty much my life now and I'm just going to have to help myself learn how to deal with the physical pain and the emotional strains that it causes.

I go back to my GI doctor next Monday. He had ordered all kinds of tests on my stool that I'm pretty sure will come back fine. I've added a lot of fruit and bran to my diet (and prune juice) that is helping to at least keep things moving ;).

So, no news really. No advice on getting rid of the pain. I'm up for suggestions on things that will help the pain though. I'm thinking meditation might be beneficial? I don't think it could make things worse ha!

Thanks for listening!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: