Re: Pain

Sat Jul 5 00:11:39 2003

DEAR DEE,, MY NAME IS SHERRY AND I,TOO, SUFFER FROM ADHESIONS AND I KNOW HOW DEPRESSED YOU ARE. THE PAIN IS A TERRIBLE THING AND WHAT MAKES IT WORSE IS THAT MOST PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND IT-THEY CAN'T SEE IT SO THEY JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. MINE HAS BEEN SO BAD THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO WORK,EITHER. MY LAST SURGERY WAS IN MARCH-FOR A SIMPLE HERNIA REPAIR-BUT WHEN THEY GOT IN THERE THEY FOUND 7 HERNIAS AND TREMEDOUS ADHESIONS. THIS WASN'T THE FIRST TIME FOR ADHESIONS. THEY ALSO FOUND MY BLADDER AND COLON ADHERED TO THE PELVIC WALL AND DID WHAT THEY COULD TO REMOVE IT. 3 DAYS AFTER I LEFT THE HOSPITAL I DOUBLED OVER IN PAIN AND WAS RE-ADMITTED FOR A BLOCKED URETER DUE TO ADHSIONS. THEY PUT A STENT IN FOR A FEW WEEKS TO PUSH THE ADHESION AWAY FROM THE URETER AND THANK GOODNESS THAT WORKED. IN THE PAST THEY'VE ALWAYS HAD TO OPEN ME UP AND REMOVE THE ADHESION THAT WAY. ANYWAY, I'LL KEEP YOU IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS SHERRY GRIFFIN -----Original Message----- From: Dee1020tt@aol.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Date: Friday, July 04, 2003 9:01 PM Subject: Re: Pain

Dear Deborah, It has been very depressing lately because my work is offering overtime and I can't take it because of the pain I have been getting lately. It is getting worst so now I have to take demerol every night just about. I am trying my hardest not to have surgery. My sister came over yesterday and is very concerned about me. She bought me new clothes to wear to work. She wants me to draft a letter to my insurance company stating that there is hope for me in PA. His name is Dr. Reich. I e-mailed him a while back and told him of my situation. I couldn't believe it when all of a sudden I recieved an e-mail back from him stating that it would take at least 8 hrs of surgery to get rid of all of the adhesions that I have now. He and 3 of his colleages would be doing this teadious surgery, but my surgery won't cover it. So that is why my sister feels if I write to my insurance company they may approve this. My sister wants to go with me to PA if it is approved. I am at the point right now, I just don't care one way or the other. Every surgeon in the Tampa Bay area got an attitude with me about what I have and said that there is nothing they can do for me. My mother is so frustrated and her health is not good either considering she is diabetic and needs surgery herself for 2 knee replacement and a hip replacement. I care more about taking care of my mother than about myself right now. I just need more time to make enough money so that my mother doesn't have to worry. She is on a fixed income and I am trying to keep a 40hr work week , but I keep having to go home early when the pain flares up and I really hate myself for it. It's not fair to my family to burden them with this. Dalene

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: