Re: Pain

Sun Jul 6 11:50:38 2003

Dear Sherry, It is so wonderful to have a friend to talk to. Especially a friend who is going through the same pain I am in. I was on my way to work this morning and ended up going back home because the pain I was in was horrific! My mother had to give 2 demerols for the pain. I am calling my gastroenterologist tomorrow and my primary care dr. My Mom and I both agree it might be another partial intestinal blockage, which I had last yr. My mother also feels I should just on ahead and get a cholostomy bag inserted for a while so that my intestines can heal and take a break. About me. I am 41 and will turn 42 in Oct. I live with my mother because I can't afford to live on my own.I had my 10th surgery last yr and there were complications involved. The surgeon had cut into my intestines and I ended up in ICU with 4 units of blood and a main line in my neck. I still have the bruising from the surgery last yr. I have an attorney on the case with this last surgeon, who by the way told my mother she needs surgery herself to get the smirk off her face. I have FMLA but rementince only. Only when I can't bear the pain I use FMLA. I get depressed at times because I have good days and also bad ones too. I was married for 4 yrs in which I ended in divorce. My husband was with another woman at the time of our marriage and fell in love with her. I was pregnant 3 times. The 1st pregancy, it was a tubal where I had no choice but to have emergency surgery. The other 2 times, was 4-5 mos later a miscarriage. So I was never able to have children. In 96 I had a complete hysterectomy, from another bad surgeon who took it upon himself to do intestinal surgery as well. This dr. was only a gyn/ob. He is not a general surgeon, who knows more about the intestines. This ob/gyn not only did a hysterectomy, but said I had 7 layers of adhesions wrapped around my intestines. He took it upon himself to do the surgery to where there were complications and I ended up being discharge from the hospital 3 days later with a fever of 102. It was a horrible expeirence. I too had my gallbladder out in 1982. I was 19 at the time and was considered the youngest patient ever to have a gallbladder removed. My mother is on a fixed income of $500. per month. I only make $1,100 per month if I don't miss any work. Unfortunately the pain has been getting worst and it is to the point that it has become painful for me to even eat. Please say a special prayer for my mother and I. I will say a special prayer for you too. Love, Dee

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: