Rachelle 'SHELLIE' S. Sabowski 8/10/64-7/13/03 Rest dear sister

Thu Jul 17 07:43:43 2003

Our sister Rachelle "SHELLIE" S. Sabowski lost her valiant battle to ARD this past Sunday. She will be laid to rest today. Shellie was 38 years old and leaves a husband and two young sons. Shellie was a member of the Bay Area ARD support group in Marinette, Wisconsin. She leaves her group devastated and bereft of words. Please take a moment to offer up your thought and prayers to all who are personally devastated by her loss.

http://www.eagleherald.com/dn0715.htm

Though non of her support group members have been able to speak to her husband as to her death,they are devastated. Shellie's husband hasn't been receptive to the "sisterhood" as he said it made her worse to live with as the group simply brought up too many issues to deal with! Not uncommon,unfortunately! Dear Shellie either had enough of living with her pain and suffering and trying to combat a medical system that is not geared to respecting and being responsible to victims of ARD, or the many medications took their toll! Many, like Shellie, face adversity where ever they turn, and soon, they lose all hope of ever being able to secure intervention that MIGHT offer them a life free of so much pain, suffering and struggles in everyday life. Many, like Shellie, watch the world go by with people living their lives in seemingly happy and healthy ways, even cancer patients seem to have it a little better then ARD patients, family and people understand them, at the very least! I am sure that Shelly would not want her death to lead to despondency to her fellow sufferers but indeed to strengthen their resolve to do whatever lies with in their ability to combat this demon, tooth and nail. We will not let her die in vain...... Death in our midst affects us all. Gives us all the reality check we need. Yes, each of us faces death straight in the eye....sometime we prefer to forget that. As we clutch for any spark of hope we are still left with the counterbalance of those who lose their struggle. Use the forum here to express your feelings, perhaps this is the time for you to reach out to others, to volunteer and do what you can for the IAS or perhaps make a contribution in Shelly's name to the IAS. Dearest Shelly, even in death, you are still able to fight ARD. Rest in pain free peace dear sister.

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: