Re: Nicole's Story-Regards to Susan's Story

Thu Aug 14 19:36:28 2003

Hi Nicole, I'm Nessie, new to the list, after reading your post I nearly cried = from the mental pain you are going through...I wish there was something = more I could do for you, other than let you know I understand what you = are going through....I too, am having many health issues from previous = surgeries and one where the doctor took my uterus out when unnecessary, = only the cervix had class 4 cancer, but since he was in there** he decided, "what the heck" she doesn't need the uterus either....well, = Low and Behold, my doctor cut the main artery to my heart in the left = pelvic area....HE NEVER KNEW IT.....I went back to recovery, back to my = private room....without my children knowing their Mom didn't look right, = I would be dead today....Cold Blue was called into my room, the hospital bed turned upside down to get blood to my heart, double surgery = immediately....the doctor first, had done the surgery vaginally, the = second time that same day, I was cut open from hip to hip.....waking up = in ICU.... Every since this, I have had so many issues with the left pelvic = area...3 years ago, I was told I had a Mass Tumor the size of a orange, = had surgery, to find out, this was scar tissue wrapped around my right = ovary, pulling it around the left ovary and tying my ovaries in a knot...My GYN removed both ovaries....the pathology report also states = that both left and right ovaries were removed with the fallopian tubes....however, today, since May when I found out I have three tumors, or what the Ultrasound Radiologist said.....many ultrasounds since, to this day, I am coming to the knowledge from my own research = and having my own blood work done with a High Estrogen level of 122.6, = telling me my body is defiantly producing hormones, which only means that I have the Ovary Remnant Syndrome, leaving behind part of a cell = or tissue which will grow into a full fledge ovary~ I'm 51 yrs. old, I go to the doctor this Monday, I will find out = then what this one thinks and wants me to do, I also have two other cysts or tumors, the ovary cyst is solid, not fluid, which is worrying = me a bit.... Its ashamed we have to go through things like this, I'm like you, = what do you do? where do you go? and has anyone else been through this = as well...support is what its all about... Good Luck to you Nicole with your concerns, I'm here for you if = needed... ~Nessie~

If you have ever read Susan's Story...my is a replica. I want to help women all over in regards to tubal litigations and complications with adenomyosis.

I had an emergency c-section Sept.22, 2002. My son was premature-1 month early. My doctor was not available.

I went into the hospital with labor pains. My baby was horizontal and doctors tried to turn him between contractions. He lost his breathing momentarily and doctors suggested c-section. I have had 2 previous deliveries with no complications...but never a c-section. I was terrified. The nurse asked me if I would like to have my "tubes tied". I told her my husband and I had not discussed it enough and I declined. However, she asked me to sign a consent form for the tubal and an extra one if later needed and I'm not able to sign.

When I was prepped and awaiting the surgery, a second physician enters the room and is extremely upset that he was called in to help with the surgery. My husband and I were slightly offended of course, and pretty nervous of course. My son was delivered fine, the doctors asked, "are you planning on having a tubal? My husband said that we didn't discuss it enough and we weren't sure. We were told, "you really need to go ahead and have them tied since you now have 3 children. If you decide not to at this time, you will have to come back and be cut again." After hearing this we told him if he thought it was best.

I went home that Wednesday and by Friday, I knew I was infected. There was an odor that I believed was from the cut or catheter. I called my doctor and he prescribed an antibiotic, but never asked me to come in. It seemed to help some and since I had never had a c-section or a tubal...I thought it was from one or both of the two.

That was the least of the problems, I was severly depressed. I asked the doctor to tell me what was wrong and he said it was part of post partum. I never was depressed before. They gave me several samples = of Zoloft and said it would pass. When I went in for the postpartum checkup, my doctor said I had an infection. He also was unaware that = I had a tubal. I explained to him how I was convinced to do so, with = him knowing we had never discussed that as birthcontrol method. He sounded surprised but said, it was probably best because I had 3 children already. I was so very disappointed. I truly care about what my doctor thinks of me and if "he" said it...then I must be crazy for feeling = like I would have liked to have more. My doctor tested me and said he thought I had an STD. How? My husband and I hadn't started with intercourse. He put me antiobiotics that were so strong and took so long, I had to stop breastfeeding. This hurt me badly. I spiraled = even deeper into the depression. I went back to my doctor because I was having severe pain, and I read fromt the lab report that, I didn't have an STD. It wass negative. I was angry because, my baby, didnt'have = the breast milk we wanted for him because I was supposed to be being treated for a STD. My doctor told me I had developed a tumor. Later, I was told the tumor was gone. The same day, I called back and was told the tumor was there, plus a bigger one! I called again and was told I had adenomyosis. The nurse explained to me what it was. Wait! I thought. I'm still depressed and can't function because of a tubal I had that I didn't want. And it had nothing to do with them "tying my tubes". = They castrated me! I don't feel worth anything. I cry all the time. When = I talk to my doctor, I feel there is no hope. He doesnt wan tto hear = that I didnt' want the tubal, even though he wasn't there, even though he knows we didn't have the consultation, even though I feel like I"m dying inside. Even though I can't walk for weeks at a time. I If you know of a lawyer in the Dallas area...or someone I can talk to = so that other women won't be forced to make ANY decision like that while they are lying on the operating room table, please, I beg you to email me. With love, Nicole

-- Trying To Accept the Pain, Nicole

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: