Re: ADHESIONS ARE BACK???

Tue Aug 19 12:17:02 2003

Hi Lisa, I also have tremendous pain in my lower right side where my ovary was (I had a complete hysterectomy in 95 because of endometriosis & a few fibroid tumors). My doctor says the pain is caused by multiple pelvic & abdominal adhesion. I've had 9 surgeries(not counting my hyster.) to remove adhesions & 1 of those included removing my appendix & adhesions because the doctor thought that I might have had an on going case of appendisitis and removing my appendix would help, but it didn't the pain was back with in 4-6 wks. During the last 6 surgeries my doctors used adhesion barrier's on me needless to say they didn't work for me. My pain has spread now into my goirn area and up under my boobs like in the rib area the pain there isn't as intense as the pain in my stomach but I'm sure it will get worse with time. My OB/GYN did all but 1 of my surgeries he used to be a great doc, but during my last 3 or 4 surgeries he's become one of those docs who thinks I should learn to deal with the pain and refuses to give me any pain medication, even sending me home from the hospital after laporotomies with no pain medication, thank god for my family doc. I've seen 2 different general surgeons in the last 2yrs about doing surgery to remove the adhesions that have formed since my last surgery & both have refused to do surgery on me just to remove the adhesions, the only reason they will do surgery is if I develope a blockage of the colon. The only doc who will do surgery for the adhesions is the one who won't treat me with pain meds. Any thoughts on what I should do would greatly be appreciated? Good luck Lisa with your search and remember just because something doesn't work for someone else doesn't mean it won't work for you. Your not alone! Tammy

>----- Original Message -----
From: "LISA" <AKALILPRINCESS@HOTMAIL.COM> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 5:39 PM Subject: Re: ADHESIONS ARE BACK???

> At Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Janine Love wrote:
> >
> >You need to find a doctor that specializes in adhesions and gynelogical
problems, one that will do laparoscopic surgery. Let us know where you are located and maybe we can all help. >
> I LIVE IN WEST CENTRAL MISSOURI ABOUT 1 HOUR FROM KANSAS CITY- ANY HELP
> WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS FOR YOUR SPEEDY REPLY
>
> >

>> >> ----- Original Message -----
> > From: LISA
> > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> > Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 4:16 PM
> > Subject: ADHESIONS ARE BACK???
> >
> > ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN BRIEF HISTORY:
> > AT AGE 16 HAD FIRST CHILD-AT AGE 17 HAD SECOND CHILD (C-SECTION)-AT AGE