Re: Pelvic Adhesions: I would like to know more about treatment

Fri Oct 3 20:48:48 2003

Hi,

Last year I had a laproscopic procedure performed to remove a dermoid on my left ovary. In short, during the procedure the doctor caused a significant bleed into my abdomen. My hemoglobin went from 13.1 pre surg. to 7.8 post surg. The blood was not recoreded as being removed. Obviously, it was left in my abdomen to cause havoc. I could not extract any helpful information from the doctor and he recorded a very minimal blood loss. My GI doctor believes that I now have severe IBS due to the adhesions caused by the blood left in the peritineum. I have all sorts of abdominal discomfort and IBS symtoms as a result. I was a totally healthy and pain-free women prior to the lap. As a matter of fact, I had been planning to attempt have another child around the time of the surgery. But the doctor told me to hold off until after the surgery. This was almost a fatal mistake. I am now deathly afraid of getting pregnant. I am worried about my problems worsening. I have a 4-year old now and I have just turned 40. This has been a life altering event for me.

I am grateful for any information you can give me on the significance of a large bleed into the abdomen causing adhesions to form and any other pertinent information related to my story.

Thank you so much,

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: