Adhesions coming back after surgery?

Sat Nov 15 20:11:55 2003

First off I want to say that I am so happy I found this website and that I'm not alone! I had my appendix out on my birthday three years ago. Following the surgery, I had problems with chronic constipation. Then, about a year or so ago, I began having severe cramping with my periods and severe cramping in my bowels with horrible diarrhea. I literally would eat and have to run to the bathroom where my food would come out almost completely undigested. My menstrual cramps were debilitating and even demerol didn't help. My gyno was super understanding and he thought I should have a laparoscopy because he suspected adhesions. So I went in on august 13th of this year and it took about 4 hours to lyse adhesions that were found in my bowels and surrounding areas. It's now November and I realize it hasn't been that long but I was still having chronic crampy pain so he put me on Bextra, thinking it was inflammation from the surgery. I took it for a few weeks and I felt a little better. But now I'm having stomach pains again and some diarrhea again. I guess my question is would I already be forming more adhesions? I'm worried because I'm only 21 and if adhesions are recurring then what's going to happen when I'm 60?!? If anyone could share their thoughts with me I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry it was so long!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: