Adhesions after colonoscope?

Thu Nov 27 15:25:52 2003

Hi everyone,

I live in Zimbabwe & had a colonoscope done last November. I was given a general anaesthetic & was in pain afterwards. A day later I developed pelvic pain which I never had before. I went back to the surgeon & asked why this had happened. He dismissed it & said it might be ovaries etc. Well, I had scans done to see all the pelvic organs- & everything was in order. As the pain was not very bad, I ignored it. 2 months ago the pain started getting much worse & I recently flew down to South Africa to have extensive tests done. I had another colonoscope done, followed by a CT scan. The doctor said everything was in order & he couldn't understand why I had the pain. You can imagine how I felt after all the expense & agony! I asked him if it couldn't possibly have adhesions after my first colonoscope & he said we would review it next year.

I feel as if I am not getting much support from the doctors & I would really like to learn more about adhesions. So if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

--
Babita

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: