Re: Chronic pelvic pain and back pain, extreme back pain during

Tue Feb 17 18:28:16 2004

I also have endometriosis and I have to say that if I were experiencing the symptoms you've described I would most certainly assume that my pain and symptoms could be due to endometriosis in the pelvis/abdomen. Low back pain, pelvic pai, pain with bowel movements etc. are classic symptoms of endometriosis.

It is not at all uncommon for women with endo to continue with endo problems even after a hysterectomy since hysterectomy is NOT a cure for endo. Thorough removal of all endometriosis implants by a doctor that specializes in the treatment of endometriosis (there are a handful around the country)is the only thing that has made a significant difference in my life.

It is also not uncommon for women with endometriosis to have to see multiple doctors before getting proper treatment. I'm really sorry you've had to deal with some real losers up to this point but I can't encourage you enough to keep looking until you find a doctor that is knowledgeable about endometriosis, sympathetic to your pain and willing to do whatever it takes to help you reduce your pain and improve your quality of life.

Endometriosis itself can cause adhesions to form so as long as there is endo still there, the possibility of new adhesions forming is very real.

I'm always happy to share more of my experience with endo and bowel problems. I have a 20 year history with endo. Anyone who is interested is welcome to e-mail me personally.

Hang in there.

--
Debbie

At Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Stacey wrote: I am 30 years old, my first surgery was in 1998 for ovarian cyst and endometriosis, then another in 1999 for the same thing, then total hysterectomy in 2000, then surgery for adhesion on bowels in 2001, then another surgery for complications 4 months after surgery for adhesions....I have had back pain and pelvic pain ever since all of these surgeries.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: