Do I need laproscvopy?

Tue Mar 9 21:13:10 2004

After a hysterectomy in 1995, I have been experiencing acute abdominal pain, which leads to vomitting. This used to occur one a year and in the last one and a half years, its occuring almost every month. I need to gt hospitalized and receive IV fluids almost every time. All the relevant tests, including colonoscopy, endoscopy, small bowel enema, barium meal and CT Scan have not revealed any abnormailities.

However, my X-ray (in supine position)taken during an attack, revealed some thickening of the intestines. Now the Doctor has asked me to go in for a laprascopy next week. He thinks it is due to adhesions, simply because he cannot diagnose it as any other condition.

Pl write if you have any similar experiences, and what treatments have been beneficial. Also do my symptoms appear to be due to Adhesions ?

The adhesions.org website menations that adhesions cause chronic pain, which is not true in my case....my bouts of pain are acute and occur just about once a month. I also have loose motions twice a day for the last four months, with no other discomfort. I have lost 18 lbs in the last four months.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: