First baby after Gasless-Laparoscopic for adhesions

Wed Mar 24 11:19:00 2004

Hello all,

Just wanted to update many of the people that have supported my wife with adhesions. For those that don't know, my wife had gasless laparoscopic surgery to remove adhesions in July. The day before, we found out that she was 3 months pregnant. Its 7 months later and the baby is the picture of health and Mommy is adhesion free.

I can't beleive my luck that I picked Gasless Laparoscopic procedure for the removal of her adhesions. At the time, it just made more sense to me. The opportunity for a doctor to use regular surgical tools over long ackward larposcopic tools seemed a good idea since precise cutting was required to ensure proper removal and no blood. I likened the analogy to using chopsticks over a fork. Give me a fork any day if I have to be exact. My understanding is that standard laproscopy for long preocedures, which adhesion removal normally is, can't be done with carbondioxide, due to the possible damage on the uterus and baby by high pressure and by acidosis. I am not sure how true of statement that is, this is my understanding.

If anyone is interested in our story or have a similar situation, feel free to email me.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: