Help from someone with ovarian adhesions.....

Fri Mar 26 21:55:59 2004

Hi folks, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out? I have endometriosis and have had three laparoscopies...(two for endo and one for a ruptured ovarian cyst). At my last lap., which was last August, my right ovary was adhered to my posterior cul-de-sac by tight adhesions. Well....I have felt a little better since the surgery...but now for the last few months...I've been noticing a constant feeling of fullness, burning, pulling,etc. in my lower back and right side (ovary area). A lot of the time..it will start with the right side pain....go into my back and then all the way up my spine..giving me a horrible headache. The pulling, burning pains are almost nauseating at times and I've even been losing a lot of sleep over this because it bothers me so much. I don't know if it is the endo coming back or if it is adhesions??? I don't really want another surgery to find out but I don't know what else to do.

I've actually been avoiding seeing a doctor about this because I'm just soooo sick of it all. My hubby and I would like to start trying for a child late this year or early next year. I'm assuming if that ovary is back where it shouldn't be...it could impede our attempts to conceive. Does anyone have any advice for me? I also have polycystic ovarian syndrome..and at the last surgery..my doctor performed multiple "cystotomies". I suppose while those ovaries were healing from that..they very well could have stuck to something?? Has anyone found that old adhesions seem to re-form in the same area even after being lysed? Also does anyone have bowel problems without having known adhesions on their bowels? I have always had bowel problems and at every surgery...they have always said that my bowels are fine. I've always just related to the endo...but now I just don't know. This pulling, burning pain seems to become worse with bowel movements. I also have had a lot of recent problems with constipation, diarrhea and severe bloating. ok....geesh..sorry this got so long...thanks for reading and I hope someone can help. Thanks... Olivia

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: