Re: Help from someone with ovarian adhesions.....

Tue Mar 30 21:45:24 2004

Hi Olivia,

I had a hysterectomy for ovarian cancer on Jan. 9, 2004. I had always had bowel problems before and my obgyn thought I had endometriosis. My bowel has been god awful since the surgery. I had to go to the ER a couple of weeks ago because I was having awful epigastric pains and vomiting. They took an xray and it looked like my small bowel might be getting obstructed. So they put me on iv fluids and I couldn't eat or drink anything. The next day, they took an xray and everything looked okay. I had to go on a clear liquid diet for 2 days. But I have the same thing as you. Everytime I have a bowel movement, it feels like it's pulling and burning and then my colon is sore all day afterwards. I guess this is pretty common after abdominal surgeries and with ovarian cancer. I've had IBS for years, but this feels different.

--
Jane

At Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Olivia wrote: > >Hi folks, >I'm wondering if anyone can help me out? I have endometriosis and have >had three laparoscopies...(two for endo and one for a ruptured ovarian >cyst). At my last lap., which was last August, my right ovary was >adhered to my posterior cul-de-sac by tight adhesions.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: