Adhesions Surgery/Hysterectomy

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Jul 11 15:27:27 2004

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Kellie Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 9:24 PM Subject: Re: FW: Adhesions Surgery/Hysterectomy

Hello. I am sorry to hear about your pain, I know only too well how bad the bad days are. I am 28, and had a hysterectomy at 22. Luckily I had children early.

I still have problems every day and am on Duragesic Patch after the Pain clininc released me, because they can no longer help me. The hysterectomy helped me for about a year, a pain free year. But than I started having problems again. To make a long story short, they did not remove all my ovarian remnants.

I still to this day have ovarian tissue, thus endometriosis and adhesions. And it keeps growing. Ive had over 15 surgeries in 6 years and am on my way to another because now it has affected other parts of my body.

Everyone however is different and we all have our own history of what has worked and what hasnt. Only you know your body and how you feel. There are people that the surgery has worked for. Surgery however is not always the answer, which is pretty depressing to know that they cant go in and get it out and be done with it. This is the trouble I have had, realizing there is nothing more I can do except surgery after surgery, which in all reality causes more problems, more adhesions. The best support or advice I can give you is to follow what your body tells you.

If your not happy with 1 doctor, find another. Dont give up, keep fighting. If you need someone to talk to, there are many of us out here who know what you are going through, and have been there. Good luck!

International Adhesions Society <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: latrellebolden@charter.net (Latrelle) Subject: Adhesions Surgery/Hysterectomy

Hello, I've been reading posts on this board for awhile, however this is my first time actually posting. I have severe adhesions of the pelvic area and bowels. The doctors feel these adhesions have come from 2 prior lapartomoties for large ovarian cysts. I have been for 3 opinions and all 3 doctors have basically not recommended any one treatment over the other.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: