Re: no surgery for me......thanks

Mon Sep 20 19:56:42 2004

Dear Kristie, It is good to have a Dr that you like and is helping you. I had surgery in Duisburg, Germany with Dr Korell. He uses Spray Gel. My surgery was June 3, 2003. At my 2nd look surgery on June 10, 2003, I was adhesion free!! Prior to my surgery, I was on Duragesic patch 75, Morphine 60mg 2 x a day, Vicodin 10 mg, 10-12 a day and I still had pain. I was also on a very strong sleeping pill because I would wake up about 7 times a night with the pain. I was in bed 98% of the time. My instesines barely worked so going to the bathroom was horrible. About once a month, my husband would take me shopping. He would drop me off at the door, I would go in and use an electric cart, go home and have to take more meds and I would be in horrible pain. I only showered about 1-2 times a week because it would cause even more pain. I couldn't even have my grandbabies sit on my lap because of the pain. I got to where I would have them lay on the bed with me to cuddle. I couldn't sit long and could stand for less time. I would lay in bed wishing, praying, begging to die. At times, I was suicidal. 3 days after my first surgery, I was walking all over Germany. We even took a trip into Holland. When I went to Germany, I was using a cane to help me walk. After the first surgery, I didn't need it anymore. Now, I am very active!! I have a veggie garden and ducks that I take care of. I have driven 5 hours to see my sister all by my self. I just returned from our State Fair. The only problem I had was my feet hurt from all the walking I did. I have my life back!! I am a wife, a mother, and grandmother and a friend. I am active in my church. I have a part time job. I only wanted to work part time because there are so many things I want to do. I have been cleaning and cooking and shopping, things my husband used to do because I was in bed. I have even shampooed my carpets and am planning on shampooing my mother in laws carpet. It has been over 15 months now since my surgery. I don't have any pain!!!!!! Most people that are now adhesion free never go to any of the adhesion sites any more. They are off living their new lives. I have chosen to stick around because I have a story to share..... Spray Gel works!!! Yes, at this time our options are very limited, and it is expensive, but It works!! Even when Spray Gel is FDA approved, the surgical techniques of surgeons will have to be perfected. No one can tell me it doesnt work, because I am proof of that it does work. Having surgery has to be an individual choice. My family gave me most of the money for my surgery, but I also had raffles and sold my beloved cat and frog collections on line to earn the money. I hope that you will think about my story. There is hope. Never give up!! robin M

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: