Re: adhesions after hysterectomy

Mon Oct 4 13:39:13 2004

hi jennifer my name is diana...and i know what you are going through i had a hysterectomy in sept. 2000 it took 6 1/2 hours i too had severe endometriosis i had several operations before the hysterectomy to remove cysts,adhesions and the endo my husband and i went to a fertility doc who was wonderful and really tried to help me but he said my tubes were crushed under all the endo he finally told me he couldn't help anymore and couldn't string me along anymore.i have had 6 surgeries since 2001 i too am in constant pain it never really goes away. like a fool i thought if i had everything taken out it would be ok. i feel good after an operation but 2 months and it starts all over again, i can't keep a job because i can't work in all that pain. my husband and i are going under bills are piling up and i can't get a job because my doc is going to put in an adhesions barrier which he has to open me up to do and it will take 8 weeks to recover or longer i keep getting operation after operation every 6 months or so it takes me a little longer to recover than most people. believe me i dooo know how you feel it is lonely. can i ask how did you get disability everyone says i should try but adhesions are not considered a disability i can't walk too far and can't sit, drive for long periods of time i hate being like this but there isn't much i can do.but hang in there you are among friends here we all understand. take care, diana lamond

At Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Jennifer Plateo wrote: >
>Hello,
>This is the first time I have jouned a forum regarding adhesions.I am
>now 32 years old I am married for the last 5 years to my high school
>sweetie, he has been with me through all of this. I have had a total of
>6 operations including a total abdominal hysterectomy. My last surgery
>was 2 years ago and 2 years after my hysterectomy. I have sever
>endometriosis, extensive dense and fibrous adhesions covering all of my
>internal organs I also have a severe case of ovarian remnant syndrome.
>My abdominal wall is extremely thin and may herniate at any time....

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: