adhesions, hernia, surgery

Tue Oct 5 16:50:05 2004

Hello,

Everyone here always has such fabulous advice, thus, I wanted to get your opinions/experience regarding hernias. I read where a fellow poster suggested getting several opinions from a surgeon prior to having a procedure and I have done this contacting two different surgeons.

They both recommend lapro to repair the hernia, however, the information I obtain from the net suggest an open incision with the first hernia repair. Also, is it possible to have more than one hernia without the dr. being able to diagnose the second hernia?

My hernia was discovered after lapro to remove adhesions and I feel a constant pulling in lower right side of stomach, although the hernia is located 4 inches below this area. I would like the surgeons to look at the entire area when they go into repair to ensure I do not have yet another hernia located up higher (at small intestine area) but the surgeons tell me this method is no longer the one they prefer to do as it's safer with the lapro. Isnt their ability to view your stomach limited with the lapro?

Both suggested I get the hernia repaired but doubt this will alleviate the pulling I am experiencing...Yet, when I put a tiny bit of preasure on the area where my hernia is located, I feel the pulling subside. I am totally confused

I would appreciate any advice/suggestions from those who have experienced a hernia and/or surgeries..

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: