Re: adhesions, hernia, surgery

Thu Oct 7 10:31:36 2004

Hi,

I have not had a hernia however, I do have adhesions like everyone else here. : ) I have the same type of pulling on the left side about three inches from my belly button. The pain radiates to the lower back and flank. Putting pressure on this does make if feel better. My belief is that it relaxes the adhesions some. They are like rubberbands streching and when you bring the object it is connected to closer, it losens up. I had a c-section, gall bladder removal, and a breast reduction. The pain I had began right after my c-section. I had pain on both sides. It is sharp, deep, pulling pain. It is different then the pain from a gall bladder. After I had the lap in April, I have had pain only on the left side. However, the pain is higher and towards the back which I didn't have before.

You could also have a hyena hernia which I belive the pain would be higher then in the belly button area. However, adhesion pain can reach up high into the back and abdomen.

It is hard to get a doctor to take you seriously regarding your pain. I have kidney stones in the left kidney which are immobile at this time. Kidney stones feel different then adheshions- try getting a doc to understand that. HA ha.

Good luck in your quest for knowledge and pain relief.

--
Colleen

At Tue, 5 Oct 2004, chriztene wrote: > >Hello, > >Everyone here always has such fabulous advice, thus, I wanted to get >your opinions/experience regarding hernias. I read where a fellow >poster suggested getting several opinions from a surgeon prior to having >a procedure and I have done this contacting two different surgeons.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: