Re: Adhesions/bowel endo or both

Mon Oct 11 17:39:02 2004

Hi Natalie,

I completely understand your reluctance. I've walked in your shoes.

I've been battling endometriosis for many, many years. My official diagnosis was in 1987 but we suspect I had the problem long before surgery finally confirmed it.

You are totally justified in being skeptical of further treatment which may do you no good. I went years avoiding surgery I knew I needed simply because I had no faith in the doctors treating me.

It was in 1999 that I found Dr. Andrew Cook. Dr. Cook is a Gyn that specializes in treating endometriosis and pelvic pain. I'd say the majority of his patients also suffer with adhesions since adhesions often go hand in hand with endometriosis. I've had surgery with Dr. Cook and it has given me back my life. Dr. Cook aggressively treats endo surgically, no matter where it is located, bowel, bladder, ureters etc.

If you're looking for a surgeon that can and will find and remove ALL endo, I'd recommend Dr. Cook. You can read more about him at his website http://www.vitalcareinstitute.com

If you have questions for me about my experience etc., feel free to e-mail me anytime.

I wish you all the best.

--
Debbie

At Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Natalie wrote: > >Is there any non invasive way to diagnose intestinal adhesions? My >gastro wants to do the whole lower GI series but after the last 3 years >of surgeries, tests, hormones, etc. I am not strong enough to face >that. Never mind that just getting an endo diagnosis took me almost 12 >years and constant battles with MD's to believe me.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: