Is This Adhesion Pain?

Sun Oct 31 18:15:08 2004

I have had upper abdomen pain for 1 1/2 yrs. It seemed to be located under my left rib and my drs had associated this with my severe scoliosis. I had scoliosis surgery in February 2004. The past 2 months the pain has gotten alot worse, and is extending downward. It sometimes feels like a dull pressure, and at times it is much more severe. Movement can cause the pain to be more prominent as well as breathing deeply. Since the pain started so high in my abdomen, I didn't even think about it being related to my endometriosis or adhesions until a few days ago. My pain is worse some days, but some level of pain is constant. It seems like I can wake up and know if I am going to have a good day or a bad day.

My drs are at a loss. I have had and Ultrasound and bone scan done. Everything has been negative. I have had 5 surgeries for endometriosis and 1 c-section. My last endo surgery was in 1997 and my c-section was in 1999. Does it take this long for adhesions to cause pain? If you are having pain from adhesions is the pain constant, or does it come and go?

I am going to see a general surgeon on Monday, as well as my gynecologist. Not knowing what is causing this pain, which doctor would you have perform surgery? Thank you for any advice you have.

--
Angel

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: