possible adhesions

Thu Nov 18 18:29:27 2004

I've been surfing the net, trying to find more information on adhesions. I've had a total of 4 abdominal surgeries, the most recent was July of this year. Quite an invasive procedure. In September, I started having constant pain in my lower right and lower left quadrants. Right at my pelvic area. My family doctor sent me to have an abdominal ultrasound and a pelvic ultrasound. They found a cyst in my right ovary, that was 8cm by 8cm in size. They figured that must have been the cause of my pain. However, my family doctor did say there was a possibility that I had adhesions from my surgeries, but that she was hoping it was something else. Since the ultrasound, my pain has not gone away, it is a daily pain, it is a tight, somewhat sharp pain. It doesn't change with diet, however, I do notice quite a change if I am more active. I have two small children 4 and 2, so it's hard to NOT be active. I've cycled through two periods, nothing has changed. When I go to the bathroom, it hurts worse if I have to strain at all. My ob/gyn has done a lot of blood work, checking for my pancreas, my appendix, my kidneys, my liver, and my ovaries, everything has come back normal. I have been scheduled for a Cat scan on Sunday, and they are going to be checking the whole abdominal region. I have a follow up appointment with my family doctor on Tuesday. I'm to the point where I'm greatly discouraged, because I've been told that if it is adhesions, there is nothing they can do. That it's something I will have to learn to deal with, as far as the pain goes, which sometimes I find very dibilitating. Do any of you have any advice? I'm feeling at my wit's end.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: