Please help, possibility of scar tissue from laparosopy pinching

Fri Dec 3 23:53:34 2004

I had my first laparoscopy for endometriosis in 2000. About 6 months later, I started having pain in my lower back. It started down the left left after 2 months, then the right.

I had my second lap in 2001. Since then, the pain has only gotten worse. Standing for anymore than an hour make the next day absolutely miserable. I have been to countless doctors, none of which can help me.

My ob/gyn thinks because it's back pain, it must be a back problem and sent me to a chiropractor. After a month of 4 days a week, the chriopractor suggested an ortheopedic surgeon. I got the MRI before going, it showed that L1 - 5 were buldging, but that shouldn't be causing that much pain.

After looking me over, I had no left ankle reflex, so they gave me a cortisone shot.

That just made me feel worse, so when I went back, he suggested epidurals. After getting two of those, I felt better, at least for a month. My third one was scheduled 3 weeks before my wedding. All I wanted was to not have to take a Vicodin just to survive my wedding day.

So, when the doctor came in an told me, he wasn't going to give me another one, I lost it. He said it's because they aren't helping like it should be. He thinks it a gynocological problem. Back to the ob/gyn, who can't for the life of him, figure out why everyone thinks it's a "girl" problem. He then suggest physical therapy. Why not? I've tried everything else. Went to 3 visits, not a single one helped, and from what I told them, and what they felt, I had alot of scar tissue in the front. Is it possible it's moved to the back and pinched the nerve?

I need some help here. I'm 26 years old and have been in pain for over 4 years. If not, I'm just going to have to pop pills until my liver explodes. Please help!!!!!

--
Jesica

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: