Adhesions weight gain

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Feb 27 16:25:54 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of geniebene@comcast.net Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 10:56 AM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Adhesions weight gain

Hello all.

I don't know what the true answer is to that question, but I had the same issues where I was gaining weight like crazy, yet hardly ate and was sick all the time. Yes, I was in pain alot and had several adhesion complications. After my last surgery with 2 bowel resections in October 2004, I lost almost 50 pounds to date. Unfortunately though, my pain has actually INCREASED, and I pretty much either vomit or have diarhea several times a day. Now, I don't know if something went wrong. I've had multiple tests since the surgery to try and figure out why I am like this, and everything points to adhesions...already!

It's very frustrating. The only things I can say have helped me where I notice improvement is light to moderate exercise at least 3 times a week, trying to avoid gassy foods and dairy, and I stopped drinking coffee. Switching to tea has made a huge difference. I don't know if it's the lack of caffiene or what...but it's helped me alot.

So...I've been on both sides of the coin there, and while I had alot of pain when I was heavier, I unfortunately have more pain now. Coincidence? Bad surgery? Who knows!

Hugs and best of luck,

Jeanne

> -------------- Original message --------------

>
> Sender: "AnitaKure@Comcast.Net"
> Subject: RE: Adhesions weight gain
>
> Shelley:
>
> I was wondering the same thing myself about
> weight gain and adhesion pain. I have gained
> about 25 to 30 pounds (never weighed this much