Re: Drs. Apt.

Wed Mar 30 16:36:50 2005

Hi Tami!

I don't know if you received my email - I think I may have accidently sent it back to the adhesions email address and from there I don't know where it goes.

Your doctor is wrong wrong wrong that adhesions don't matter and they can cause pain! You need to find another doctor right away. The one you have now is an idiot to tell you that.

Monitor your menstral cycles (using a calendar) and monitor the level of pain you have every single day (say 1 through 5 in severity). Also monitor when you get your menstral cycle. If you are getting worse pain say about a week before your menstral cycle you need to see the gynecologist because it is likely related to that. You have the right to insist on a complete gynecological work-up to include an ultra-sound to perhaps find any fibroid tumors or cysts and a laparoscopy to deal with the adhesions that you have. During the laparoscopy they can look to see if you have endometriosis and I would insist on it.

Endometriosis can cause terrible adhesions. Absolutely deal with a gynecologist on problems like this. I can't tell you how stupid just a regular doctor can be (yours is an example).

Just to show you how troublesome adhesions can be. I had adhesions with endometriosis that actually burst my appendix. I don't think I need to tell you that a burst appendix can be deadly. My appendix was so gangerous it fell right off into my surgeons hands when he opened me up.

I was also told after that surgery that I was loaded with polyp and adhesions (endometriosis).

I can't believe what an idiot your doctor is. Not only can your adhesions be a big problem and cause pain - but they can and should be treated. The treatment is cutting them out.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Kind regards, Laurie

At Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Tami Schneider wrote: >
>Hello,
>I had an apt. with the obgyn.I told him that I had a mri with an IV
>gadolinium contrast it showed an adhesion in my epidural space.I told
>him I suffer from chronic pelvic pain and I was diagnosed with
>vulvodynia.I told him I thought my pelvic pain was was a ARD.I asked
>him for a perscription to have MRI with IV contrast.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: