Need Advice, Suggestions Etc

Tue Apr 26 15:56:16 2005

Hey All.. I need your advice as of what I should do next.

In March 2005, I was diagonsed with massive adhesions after a laparoscopy. The doctor came out and told me that my ovarys, bowel, bladder, fallopian tubes, uterus, and uter (cksp) was all entacted in some way or another with adhesions.

Prior to this laparoscopy, I've never had any surgery, infections (that I knew of) inflamanation, (that I knew of). I was also still in the process of trying to find a BC that works for me. I have tried a lot of them, and they haven't done any good.

I also have tried a lot of the different pain meds, from bextra, to asprin, ponstel, and to now motrin with perocet (only as needed, or when the pain is unbarable).

I was supposed to have a laparotomy preformed, to remove the adhesions, and to put everything back together as it's supposed to go. I also was going to have it done because my obgyn bascially told me that I wouldn't be able to have any kids, the way everything is. I'm only 23, and that is something horrible to put into your mind.

He was going to do the laparotomy because (I read this from my op report) he didn't think he can safely do it laparoscopicaly)(cksp). I really like my obgyn, and respect her choices and that's why I was going to go through with it.

The only reason that I didn't have it was because I ended up breaking my foot, and had to have surgery on my foot before this laparotomy. I'm now looking into July to have this laparotomy done.

I guess my questions to you guys, is do you think that I made the right choice? What would you guys do if your in my situation etc? What should I do next? If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Sorry for a long posting.

Hope everyone has a pain free day, or at least tries to. Amy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: