New to Message Board!

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun May 1 15:24:16 2005

ender: sl_wolfe@yahoo.com (Stacie) Subject: New to Message Board!

I just found this site. I thought my battle with adhesions were over a few years ago when I had my ovaries removed. I should have known better. I am a 31 yr female. I had my hysterectomy at 23 due to severe adhesions from 2 c-sections. I then had to have a fistula repair(from bladder being stuck to uterus), and a sling. I was pain free for about 2 years. I had my ovaries out almost three yrs ago and my gall bladder out almost 2 yrs ago.

I have been exercising heavily since January and am now in horrible pain. I am having urinary problems and the docs thought I had kidney stones. I found out today my ct scan was normal and that it is likely adhesions. You would have thought they told me I have cancer. I guess because I know what I have to look forward to.

This is just some of my story, and it is comforting to know I am not alone, but sad to know so many others are suffering. Adhesion is a disease in itself. It is mind boggling that what it takes to fix it is what causes it. Any advice would be great. I know I need to delay another surgery for as long as possible. Thanks!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: