Thank God I found this site

Sun May 1 15:33:40 2005

I can't believe the things I've read and found out during my research tonight. I've been having severe pain in the lower right side of my abdomen. Over the last month the pain has gotten to the point where I've quit doing just about everything - no work, no errands, nothing but lying in bed. Since I turned 18 (I'm now 33) I've had two ovarian cysts removed, my appendix removed, one general exploratory surgery for pain, two laporoscopies, and also my gall bladder removed. I've also been diagnosed with IBS and fibromyalgia because it seems no one can think of anything else.

About a week and a half ago, an emergency room nurse mentioned adhesions and it is one of the things my doctor also mentioned during my most recent hospital stay of 5 days. After testing everything that could be tested, no one has any answers and the possibility of adhesions seemed to be dismissed. They let me leave finally and I'm currently taking vicodin and also fentanyl by patch on my arm for the pain. Still in severe pain I called my doctor again today, who told me he has no idea what to do with me now and that I should call the surgeon. I guess finaly the topic of adhesions will be explored further. The last few nights the pain has gotten so much worse and I have thought of ending it all. I'm at the end of my rope.

I'm no good to anyone and have a 6 year old daughter who's so worried about her mommy that she cries with me. In the midst of all this pain I forced myself to log on to my computer tonight and do my own research and all I can say is thank God I found this. Everything that's been described in my reading sounds like what I'm going through. I've felt so lonely and depressed, and don't want to live my life this way. I can't live my life this way. I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions for me for when I go to the surgeon on Tuesday, what to say, what to ask, and if I should even see this general surgeon or someone else? Thank you, thank you, thank you for whatever information you can provide.

--
Yvone M. Kon

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: