Re: Thank God I found this site

Mon May 2 18:10:03 2005

Yvone,

Whatever you do - don't give up hope. This is not easy to live with - our pain...but for you, for your daughter - you have to keep trying.

Don't just go with any surgeon either. You need someone who is experienced in reducing adhesions and he/she should make every effort to keep your incision as small as possible because surgery will, inevitably, make more adhesions.

You are not alone. Try to find anything you can to make you laugh, or to relax ( preferably both) to help you cope with the mental part of this. There is a ton of research out there that shows the pain-relieving effects of laughter... it will help make the other medicines you have to take work that much better.

Ask your surgeon to try either the gel or the material that has recently been approved by the FDA to reduce scar tissue development. It doesn't work for everyone but you should consider giving it a try. After your surgery take it easy as much as possible. Even if you have the "minor" laproscopic surgery you still need to take it easy if you can.

I wish you the best. Don't give up.

--
DT

>----- Original Message ----- Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 4:37 PM Subject: Thank God I found this site Sender: yvonekon@yahoo.com (Yvone)

> > I can't believe the things I've read and found > out during my research tonight. I've been > having severe pain in the lower right side of > my abdomen.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: