touch up surgery?

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Mon May 2 18:09:20 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Jeanne Aughenbaugh Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 4:59 PM Subject: touch up surgery?

Doreen,

Is that what we call it now? touch up surgery? Im not trying to make you sound uninformed, but you make it sound so simple. I had surgery with Dr. Gerhart and "touch up surgery" 4 months later, which he figured to be my appendix and not adhesions (even though I told him it was). After my second 5 hour surgery with him and another 4 months later.

I am full of adhesions and dealing with pain management. Dont get me wrong. I accomplished something with all the surgery by Dr. Gerhart, getting my doctors to take me seriously and that my pain was not unfounded and am now able to get the proper pain management I should have received years ago.

Touch up surgery? Why would you think it is a touch up of new adhesions? Do you believe they will not come back if he does this again? What have we all learned from the surgery route? I have learned and read that the more surgery you have the more chances of adhesions. Im sure Dr. Gerhart has told you he does this ALL THE TIME. I wonder why.

Jeanne Aughenbaugh

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: