Adhesion Pain Starts with Ovulation and Ends with Period

Thu May 12 23:48:06 2005

I had a laparoscopy in November 2004 searching for endo (none was found). However, I was told I had adhesions that wrapped around my bowel as well in my uppper right back (kidney) area. The doctor separated the adhesions in the pelvic/colon area. He also told me I had Irritable Bowel Sydrome (IBS). Three weeks after the surgery, I was back in the emergency room with severe pain that started in my right upper back, migrated up into my right shoulder blade, and then after a few days moved around to the right side of my abdoman and then subsided.

After a series of tests (CT, MRI, xrays, colonscopy, etc.) nothing was found. Month after month, this same pain appeared and I found it is related to my menstrual cycle. It starts at ovulation and then mysteriously disappears the day I get my period. I was put on the pill, which stopped these pains, but then I gained weight and had other side affects. Last month I went off the pill and the same pain returned. I am at a loss. Has anyone out there gone through the same thing? The pain is terrible-- I cannot lay flat on my back or on my right side when I am in the middle of one of these two-week long episodes. Help please!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: