just had surgery!!

Wed May 18 20:32:56 2005

hi, i recently posted that that was having a "touch up" lap for adhesions with dr gerhart. i had my first surgery with him in november of 2004. i had my second surgery may 11 last week. the details of my first surgery which took almost six hours can be seen in my previous post in may.

anyway, this procedure was only three hours and just as dr gerhart had said only 15% of the prior adhesions had returned. before my first sugery with him i was a mess so 15% might still be a lot of adhesions but for me it was great. anyway, i just wanted to tell everyone how great i feel. the other day my husband and daughter celebrated their b-days and as usual i cooked a big dinner and made a great cake. the difference this year was that for the first time in 12 years i was able to sit with my family any enjoy the meal.

i did not eat a lot or overdue but you just cannot imagine the joy in my children and husband's faces when they did not have to stare at an empty chair at the table...........again!! for the first time in all these years we could share a meal as a family. i know it might sound silly or corny but believe me...........it was fantastic.......i finally feel like part of my own family again. my kids are age 19, 17, 14, and 6 so the one time a day we all get together is at the dinner table. it is mandatory that all attend so we can share our day with each other. i always felt left out because it was so hard to watch them all eat. now i can finally be part of it.

whether my pain free days last weeks, months, or years it has all been worth it for me. i hope that each and everyone of you get to feel as lucky as i do today!!! good luck and have a great day!! you can contact me at dahearn813@comcast.net if you would like.

--
doreen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: