continued abdominal pain....where to turn?

Sun Jun 5 18:16:34 2005

I have posted a few times here and I guess I am finally beginning to realize that there is really nothing left for me to do. I have a long history of surgeries...2 c-sections, hysterectomy, gall bladder removal and numerous laparoscopies...in addition I did suffer from pelvic inflammatory disease in my early twenties.

I am now 40 years old and suffer from very mild to severe abdominal pain on a daily basis. I am at my wits end as I know all of you can relate with feeling like crap day after day. My doctors say it probably is adhesion disease and that basically, if I am not obstructed and can continue to function, there is nothing they can do. It infuriates me! The last couple of months I have had moderate to severe pain DAILY which sometimes feels as though I have appendicitis or am passing a kidney stone. I "function" off of Ibuprofen, hot baths and a heating pad, basically grin and bear it. Does anyone out there know of any other treatments besides narcotics, massage and surgery?

I don't want any narcotics or any more surgeries. I live near the Houston area. Does any one know of a good Doc around here? God bless all of us with this horrible disease!

T. Anderson

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: