Adhesions following gallbladder surgery (laproscopic)

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Jun 12 22:11:38 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of David Berthiaume Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 12:54 PM Subject: Adhesions following gallbladder surgery (laproscopic)

Hello to anyone out there that can help. I had gallbladder surgery 8 weeks ago. No complications EXCEPT the pain at the site of my laproscopic incision didn't go away.

The area right below my ribs almost dead center of my stomach hurts when I sit for any period of time and starts to hurt if I walk any distance. Once in awhile it hurts after I've eaten. Would adhesions show up on a contrast CAT scan?

My doctor has not even mentioned the possibility of adhesions. He is sending me for an endoscopy in 2 weeks to see if it may be an esophageal ulcer. How can I know for sure without having to have an endoscopy? I think it is adhesions. The second week after my surgery I went to Seattle-sat 8 hrs without getting up-rode public buses juggling me around for a week and had dry heaves a week after I got home. Could this stress on my surgical site cause adhesions? HELP PLEASE

David Berthiaume gospel@access4less.net

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: