Pelvic Adhesions - need more information before resorting to another surgery, medication, etc.

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Jun 28 23:48:52 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of geniebene@comcast.net Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:09 AM Subject: Re: Pelvic Adhesions - need more information before resorting to another surgery, medication, etc.

Kristin,

I actually have been on Cymbalta for the past 4 months. It in itself does not relieve all of my pain...it's part of my currect "cocktail" of meds. They started me off with 30mg, then 60...now I take 120mg.

Along with that I take 5 mg valium-3 times a day and Vicodin 10-20 mg. every 4-6 hrs as needed. I want off the vicodin and rarely take it anymore because It makes me feel like I want to vomit. After consulting with my surgeons, they've decided a pain clinic management program at Rush University Hospital is best for me at this time. Only problem is it's 90min-2hr. drive to get to from my house! I am hoping they can refer me to a local one. I used to read into the stuff about being treated by drugs used for depression and get pissed off about it. But I have come to realize that, hell! I am depressed. Not only do I have ARD, but my intestines are deterioring at a rapid rate and I will someday end up with them all removed. If that's not depressing I don't know what is! So keep your chin up...we're all in this together and unfortunately, some of the tact those in the medical profession use ins't exactly what we want to hear. Hang in there!!

Jeanne

> -------------- Original message --------------

> Sender: kris1128@cox.net (Kristin )
> Subject: Pelvic Adhesions - need more information
> before resorting to another surgery, medication,
> etc.
>
> I submitted a message a few days ago. I have
> had 2 surgeries in the past 8 months. The first
> was in Oct 2004 for a hysterectomy, after vaginal
> hemmorhaging, where they found that my uterus
> was adhered to my bladder and my bladder to my