Re: post-surgery pain

Thu Aug 4 22:34:32 2005

I totally understand your point but let me ask you this: Is it any better to sit at home in so much pain that you can no longer work or enjoy your family and friends? Surgery gives you some time to enjoy those things. I know it is not a cure but I am not totally sure that it makes everything worse for everybody. My sister had massive adhesions but at her last surgery was found to be clear of them. So there is a chance that the surgery will work. I also worry that if you let the adhesions go too long without having them cleaned out they will get to the point that no one will be able to do anything about them. What happens when the dr tells you that they are so dense that he cannot operate? Or you develop a bowel obstruction that they cannot get to because of the adhesions? That scares me more than surgery. Also, despite a hysterectomy I still have endo - that bleeds and causes more adhesions. It has to be removed. I have only one surgery so far strictly to lyse the adhesions and am having the second one tomorrow, over a year later. It will probably be my last one as I too worry about having too many surgeries. I'd rather give it one more try than accept the fact that I will have to be on high doses of narcotics for the rest of my life. What kind of life is that? If surgery makes me worse, than so be it. At least I tried. But I will not try 20-30 times like some do.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: