Re: post-surgery pain

Sun Aug 14 21:25:49 2005

Amen Kelly!! It is SO important that you are here on this board. I think that the few people that keep having these surgeries REALLY need to sit back and ask themselves a few questions. Namely; Am I getting shorter relief after each surgery? Is my pain becoming more intense after each surgery?? Scar tissue grows stronger with each cut. This even means the cut that is done in your belly button with the laparoscopy's. It is WELL KNOWN that unless you face life threatening problems (like a torsion, etc) that chances are EXTREMELY high that you will only make things worse for your self. People who are prone to severe adhesions know, that even if you remove your uterus, adhesions will attach somewhere else, and may be worse the next time around. I think that these people who think repeated surgery is their only answer for 1-2 months pain free are truly kidding themselves. It's sad, but unfortunately true. They need to read the quilt, Karla's quilt is great, or speak with Helen, these are true pioneers who unfortunately have had the multiple surgeries trying for some relief, only to end up worse then ever.

Keep your faith Kelly, and hopefully there will be something that comes along that helps all of us in the near future.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: