What to do???

Thu Aug 11 20:01:57 2005

Hi,

I need some advice. Below you will see a message I posted a few months ago giving my history and a description of my problems. As an update, since that posting I have had an abdominal ct scan with a multi-slice scanner with IV and oral contrast that showed nothing. The Dr. kind of threw up his hands and said it didn't show anything. The next step he said would probably be surgury to see if scar tissue is causing a problem. The Ct scan was May 12 and for almost 2 months after that I had few problems or pain. Within the past few weeks I've started having the frequent pulling feeling again under my gallbladder incision and at times burning and on occasion sharp-pains that last for a second or 2. I don't feel I am at the point to consider surgery yet because It is not anything horrible, just worrisome. I guess since I am a worry-wart I just need assurance that adhesions are my problem and not something else. Do these symptoms seem very similar to anyone else's? Would there be any sense to having any more tests? I feel guilty even posting about myself since my problems aren't really severe and I've read how horrible the pain some of you face on this board. Please know that my thoughts and prayers go out to each of you. Thanks in advance for any information or advice!

[My prior post:

Hi, Let me give you a brief history of myself. I was born without an opening in my bottom so I have had a colostomy since birth. This involved somewhere around 5 surgeries. I also had a large pelvic mass removed in 1989 ( I was 19 at the time) which required 4 surgeries because they had to later take out part of my bowel. The mass was never determined to be benign or malignant, but nothing ever came back.

I obviously had a lot of abdominal scarring, but never really any speakable discomfort and I have always been pretty athletic. This past August I had my gallbladder removed and it could not be done with the laproscope because of scar tissue and the gallbladder being so full of stones. About 2 months ago I began feeling a tightness and almost numbness type of feeling just below my gallbladder incision which seemed to be most bothersome when sitting for long periods of time.

I want to also add that the surgeon used a previous incision site to make the incision for my gallbladder removal. In the past 2 weeks on occassion I've had a burning pain right below my incision and sometimes I've had a sharp pain in that general area. So far it is nothing I can't live with, but it is worrisome.

However I really don't want to be put through a barage of tests (I've had tons of CT scans, X-rays, etc. in my life and I don't want anymore unless absolutely necessary) just to be told it is something I need to live with. Right now I am looking for anyone who has had similar experiences and opinions if this does sound like adhesion. Also, my bowel movements seem normal. Thanks so much!]

--
Chad

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: