Re: I'm tried of hurting ...

Sat Aug 20 10:48:10 2005

Aw, Jamie...first of all I'm sending you big hugs from Arizona. I know exactly what you're going through hun. I was 22 when I first started having problems from adhesions in my pelvis. I literally couldn't walk for 2 1/12 years until one doctor finally figured out what it was. I had my hysterectomy at 24, so I do know what you're going through. I wasn't lucky enough to be able to have children.

My pain finally subsided after the hysterectomy. How long has it been since you had yours?? If you're still in pain and it's been awhile since the hysterectomy is there a reason why from the adhesions? Is there something the doctor may have missed? Can you go back to your doctor and discuss it with them?

I know our treatment options as sufferers of adhesions are few, but there are things to help make you more comfortable sometimes. I've been through pain injections and so many other things. Right now I'm 44 years old. I was lucky enough to be pain free from adhesions after my hysterectomy for about 15 or so years. I was lucky enough to have a really good doctor who did a good job with the hysterectomy but he did say I still had adhesions on my colon and bowels and that it would be a problem in the future. I'm dealing with that now in addition to dealing with adhesions now in my torso, ribs, abdomen from a gall bladder surgery 2 years ago.

The way I cope with it is on a daily basis, sometimes minute to minute or hour to hour. I do as much as I can without setting off the large scale pain (as opposed to the pain I always have). I'm lucky to have a husband who helps me a lot, so I just do what I can when I can. I agree with you...we didn't ask for this and we're too young for this. It's very difficult watching your friends do the things you'd love to be doing. I've had my share of crying my eyes out over it and I'm sure I'll have more tears to come, just like you.

The only thing I bank on is hope. I pray and hope that medical science will figure out a way to eradicate the adhesions once and for all. I figure if they can figure out things like molecular structures then getting rid of adhesions shouldn't be hard. I think a huge part of the problem is that people don't seem to talk about adhesions. For 20 years until I found this site and this board the other day I didn't think another person in the world had adhesions but me. I've never talked with or met a single person other then myself that had them. This board and site are a blessing to me. I think the more we "rock the boat" in the medical community on both a small and large scale, the sooner there'll be a breakthrough.

So, right now I'm taking all my anger, frustration, sadness etc, and putting it into getting the word out about adhesions and it's victims and trying to get people in the medical profession and the world in general to listen. I'm tired of it being a silent dis-ease to be swept under the rug.

Anyway, I'm sorry to have rambled on. I guess I'm venting too. Dealing with adhesions is extremely hard, lonely and scary.

If you ever need to talk or vent, I'm here for you. Feel free to email me anytime.

I'm praying for you and everyone else on here, especially the people that created this website!!

At Wed, 17 Aug 2005, JAMIE wrote: >
>I feel like I'm running put of steam, fighting the pain of my pelvic
>adhesions is taking all my energy. I've pushed through surgeries for
>ovarian cysts, 1 C-section & 1 vaginal birth and the most resent was a
>hysterectomy.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: