Re: At my wits end

Tue Aug 23 21:55:12 2005

Dear Melody;

Yes, I can absolutely relate to what you have been going through both with your adhesions disease and with the ignorant surgeons that you have had to put up with. I have had six surgeries so far to remove these "little aliens"

and I am heading for a seventh surgery probably before December of this year. The surgeon that performed my 2nd, 4th, and 5th surgery was just like your physician. Even though this ignorant surgeon told me that my adhesions were always worse with each surgery, he also told me that my pain was "all in my head," and that I was only "addicted to pain medications," and that I "could not possibly still be in pain!" I simply could not believe my ears!

I began to cry right there in the doctor's office, and this upset my husband

so much that my husband stood up and got right in the doctor's face and yelled at him. The doctor threatened to call the police. I was so angry and embarrassed, and I felt so disrespected! On this message board alone I have heard so many horror stories just like your and mine. I am so thankful to God for this message board where we can get support, information, and comfort from fellow sufferers. I had a good job when I had the above-mentioned surgeries, and I was blessed with a boss that allowed me to keep my job and to return to work after I recovered, however, the adhesions and pain returned after each surgery making it impossible for me to continue

working. So, I did apply for social security disability benefits, and I was approved in less than 4 months. The ignorant surgeon that I told you about scoffed at me when I told him that I had been approved for disability, but you know what? He can #@!#@! I am a Christian and cannot put into words the thoughts that I had about the surgeon at that time. Melody, if you cannot work, I suggest that you apply for disability benefits, the sooner the better. Make sure that you obtain copies of each and every medical record that there is regarding your illness from doctors, surgeons, clinics, and hospitals, etc. This will speed up the application process greatly for you. And, make sure that your ignorant physician did not include any of his personal thoughts regarding his belief that your pain was "all in your head." I pray to God that He will bless you with strength and courage during

this time, and that He will also bless you with disability benefits if you decide to apply. Take care, God bless, and I hope that I have been of some comfort to you. Take care, from your fellow sufferer and sister in Christ, Valerie.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: