abdominal pain...

Mon Aug 29 20:16:42 2005

Hello, I just discovered this site....hope to get some input. I am a 63 year old lady who had a total hysterectomy about 15 years ago. During the last year I have been having a lot of abdominal pain, and after, test upon test, it was determined that I had diverticultis and I had a sigmoid colon resection performed about 10 weeks ago. The surgeon said that once inside, there were a LOT of adhesions that he "undid"....ie, where the ovaries were removed, it had grown to the intestine...etc. Ever since the surgery I have been experiencing more abdominal pain. It moves around from near the incision all the way down to the pelvic area where the colon is reattached. They removed 18" of diseased colon. So far tests have shown nothing. I have noticed that when I am lying on my back the pain subsides. If I am sitting, when I get up I have the sensation that everything inside is going to fall out.....like a pulling down. And when I first sit down it feels like everything is being "pushed upward" inside.

A friend told me of a woman he knew who had these symptoms who had also had a hysterectomy years earlier and in her case it was that everything inside had dropped in the extra open space and were sitting on her intestines and bladder. Does anyone know if this is common? I was wondering if the adhesions the surgeon removed might have been what was keeping my "innerds" in place, and after removing them, there was nothing to keep them up.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, Judy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: