Re: Need a New Adhesion Doctor

Fri Nov 11 07:02:01 2005

Hi,

I do want to inject one comment here: I understand that the respondent to Ms. Lee does not advocate surgery, however, surgical intervention CAN be warranted in some cases. The intial writer did not give a lot of information on her case so I don't know how many surgeries she's had or what

her situation is. If she has not had many surgeries, and/or is a candidate for laparoscopy surgery (through the belly button), she MAY benefit from laser removal of adhesions that are blocking certain areas or causing complications. She MAY also benefit from a laparotomy (full incision) IF the surgeon operating is a) experienced with adhesions and adhesion removal AND b) experienced with PROPER application of one of the two available adhesion-development intervention materials (Interceed and Seprafilm).

I speak from experience. I have had 11 surgeries to date for complications related to ARD. In the last five surgeries the adhesions were so dense the surgeon needed almost 4hours to cut away enough adhesions to treat the problem. I was told three years ago that I could NEVER have another surgery

because it would be life-threatening due to the level of adhesion growth I had...the Dr.s could no longer see the landmarks and my bellybutton is completely blocked off. Neither belly-button surgery nor laparotomy were possible.

Then this past June I became essentially bed-bound from the pain and blockages. I was desparate to find someone to help me, and by luck, chance,

or heavenly intervention I found a Dr. in Boston who was a miracle worker. Not only was he NOT afraid to operate, he was CONFIDENT that he had the skill and experience to help me.

Today I am better than I have been in years, and am looking forward to getting back the life I enjoyed so much.

My point is - one should not EVER advocate giving up hope or giving up trying to find someone to help unless she (or he) personally feels that this

is it. We come to this website, each of us, hoping to find that "miracle". Sometimes we do - sometimes we don't. But hope sometimes is all we have and

that is something that must be held on to.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts. DT

>----- Original Message -----
From: "International Adhesions Society" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:09 AM Subject: Need a New Adhesion Doctor

> Sender: leenoga@cfl.rr.com (Ms Lee)
> Subject: Re: Need a New Adhesion Doctor
>
>>I was wondering if anyone in New Jersey has found a good doctor to treat
>>adhesions. I've been seen by about 12 doctors
>>over the last two years, and am tired of hearing the same thing. If
>>anyone has found a good doctor in the NJ/PA/NY area,

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: