Re: Adhesions in upper abdomen???

Sun Nov 20 06:32:26 2005

At Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Becky F. wrote: >
>Hi Everyone!
>I'm hoping to get some insight from others into my situation. I have
>had three C-Sections, a Laparascopy, and a Hysterectomy, the last
>surgery, was 13 years ago. Thanks for any information.

I have had a similar history of surgery. I had three C-Sections, during the last one, I had pre-term labor from 29 weeks on and was on Magnesium Sulfate for 3 days in the hospital and on strict bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy. When they finally did the C-Section,it took over 2 and a half hours for the doctors to get the baby out, perform a tubal and sew me back up because of so many adhesions. They discovered that my uterus had adhered to my abdominal wall, which caused the preterm labor. I then had a D&C approximately a year later that went wrong because my deformed uterus had ahered to my bladder and abdominal wall, the doctor perforated my uterus and had to perform laparascopic surgery to repair it. It was then advised for me to have a hysterectomy because it looked like I might possibly have uterine cancer, thankfully I did not have cancer but andenomyosis. I was also lucky enough that they did not tear my bladder while separating it from my uterus so I did not have to wear a catheter for 4 weeks.

>From my third C-Section on, they have removed
and taken back a lot of adhesions. I am now having problems again and it has not been a year since my last surgery. I was just recently in the hospital for what the doctors are assuming was an impaction, but I am still having problems going to the bathroom and I am having lots of pelvic pain. I have actually had something inside of me tear because I bent the wrong way. I have to be very careful how I move. Anyway, I suspect that I may have a small or partial obstruction in my upper abdomen. It is in the upper left quadron of my abdomen. I don't know if it is adhesions, but the Dr. is talking another surgery to remove the adhesions again, but she says I will probably have to live with this problem the rest of my life. They are not easy words to hear and I am not bad off at this point. Just keep hope, which is hard in a seemingly hopeless situation. Has anyone thought of counceling to help deal with the emotional strain? To everyone who faces this problem, I wish the best for all of you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: