Re: I hate the depression that comes with the pain

Tue Jan 3 19:56:08 2006

Rach,

I am so with you on this one. I originally started my response about a friend of mine who I can't even talk to much because she always has it worse off than me. It seems that people don't understand the toll that chronic pain puts on your body. Yes, I am lucky that my children are healthy too. I feel so depressed because I can't pick my 5 year old up and I can't run around with him.

It seems that anytime we talk to friends or family about our illness they feel the need to tell us how lucky we are instead of just listening or holding our hand or giving us a hug. Then they get upset because I don't tell them how much pain I am in. I know about the heating pad. It has become a dear friend. It is always plugged in by my bed. I too work and come home. I have no desire to do the things I love to do. I love crafting and yet I can't seem to do anything. I work because we can't afford me to stay home. I honestly feel that no one has a clue as to how much pain we actually feel on a daily basis. I wish there was a way that they could know, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Please if you need to vent or chat or just need a hug, feel free to e-mail me anytime. Believe me I could use some too.

Take care, Ann Marie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: