Re: chances of adhesions returning?

Fri Apr 14 22:00:21 2006

Hi there,

I to have had 2 c-sections and hysterectomy and adhesions. I had my first c-section (emergency) in 1994 and was fine except for the ovulation pain and period pain. My second c-section was a planned one 4 weeks early. At the time of that c-section I had to have an emergency hysterectomy. They left my ovaries in for obvious reasons. Six weeks after that surgery the pain started. Cysts all over my ovaries but nothing to be worried about. About a year later my doc went in to find out why I was in so much pain and found the massive adhesions everywhere. The doc couldn't find my left ovary. He removed the adhesions and I felt great for 4 months. A year after that surgery I had my ovaries removed. The thought was that my ovaries were forming cysts which made the adhesions hurt even more. It seemed that every time the pain was really really bad I had a 6cm cyst. When he took my ovaries he also removed all the adhesions again. Barriers were used in both surgeries. He had to leave a remnant of my left ovary because it was attached to my bladder and it was to dangerous to remove. Well almost 2 years after the last surgery I have switched doctors (more qualified) and had another surgery where all adhesions were removed for a third time. Any remnant of ovary that he saw was removed and all the endo tissue he found. Even though every doc in the world say there is no way I could possibly have endo with no uterus (It is like a one in a million chance) Well all of that was removed. I basically call it a "spring cleaning surgery". Almost exactly one year since my "spring cleaning" and my body is ready for another one. I am putting off going to the hospital or

surgery until I can't even walk.

I don't know any way to prevent them. I have heard people say to stretch and try to rip them off your abdominal wall but I am not for that. I am not

sure what damage might be caused to the abdominal wall when that is done. I

think if it was something that was considered healthy the docs would tell you to do it. When they remove them they don't just grab one end and rip.

The only signs I know of to know of the adhesions returned is the pain and can you feel them. Unfortunately when feeling my stomach they are very obvious. I hope that I haven't bored you. I can talk on and on about this subject. No one in my life understands or even wants to talk about it.

Feel good and have a great day. If you want to chat, feel free to e-mail me.

Ann Marie

>----- Original Message -----
> Sender: christinaM142@hotmail.com (Christina)
> Subject: chances of adhesions returning?
>
> hi everyone, i just joined and here is a little of my history. I had an
> emergency c-section with my first child at 23 (i am now 32), at 24 i was
> having a lot of pain with my periods so my dr, whom i love and trust and
> now have been seeing for 13yrs now), did a laproscopic surgery and found
> endo and a thick band of adhesions connecting from my uterus to my
> bladder. he removed the adhesions and endo and put a protective barrier
> down to try and stop the adhesions from reforming. when i was 28 i had
> another c-section done and he found a lot more adhesions but decided to
> leave them there because they weren't really bugging me that much. well
> after about a 2 yrs i started having problems with my period (severe
> bleeding, cramps, pmdd, etc), so we decided to do a hysterectomy.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: