Re: chances of adhesions returning?

Fri Apr 14 22:06:47 2006

Hi Christina,

>From experience, I'd say the chances are good that the adhesions will
return. I've had 2 c-sections (children are now 23 and 25), hysterectomy at age 23, took everything but left ovary. Had to go back in 18 months later and remove it. Then 3 years later had to have it removed again.lol.its true. A piece of the ovary was dropped, a cyst developed on it and it was stuck to the bladder. Then in 96, I gave my dad a kidney. So as you can see, I've had my share of surgeries. For several years I would go through times of really hurting in the pelvic area. Spring of 05 it got really bad. Finally had surgery in August of 05 , went in for day surgery and ended up being in the hospital for 5 days, woke up with the tube going down my nose into my stomach. When he started the surgery with the scope, he came out and told my husband that I had masses of adhesions and he couldn't get in with the scope; and that he could close me up and send me to Houston or open me completely up, my husband told him to go ahead with the surgery and open me up. My doctor said he has only seen one case worse than mine and hers was cancer. He said he was keeping his fingers crossed that it didn't come back. But in December, out of the blue one day the pain was back, it was so bad I had to leave work. I usually can go a week or so with no pain. Yesterday was pretty bad, I caught myself rocking back and forth at my desk the pain was so bad. So I took a pain pill and kept on going.. My doctor wants me to see an Ob-Gyn in Houston that deals in complicated cases. That's my next step but am putting it off L

--
Karan

At Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Christina wrote: > >hi everyone, i just joined and here is a little of my history. I had an >emergency c-section with my first child at 23 (i am now 32), at 24 i was >having a lot of pain with my periods so my dr, whom i love and trust and >now have been seeing for 13yrs now),

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: