Re: New to forum

Mon May 1 21:46:40 2006

God Bless you Stephanie,

Your right and a big hug welcome! You have NO idea how many people here understand what you are going thru. You are not alone.

If you are financially resourced there are surgeons outside of the US who can use adhesion barrier products that have been successful for some, not all.

If you are like most of us who cannot come up with 10-15K, I would suggest you get a referral to a pain management clinic or talk to your Doctors about pain medicine to take the edge off. You sound exhausted and beat down, and we all get into that space.

Doctors do not like to do surgery on us because the risks are high and you really do not want surgery because the problems will return. Surgery causes adhesions, and adhesions warrant surgery and the cycle has to be stopped or you have to be cured or try to be cured so you do not form adhesions [out of the USA surgery.

Did your Surgeon or your Doctors do any tests during your problems? Even if they do not do surgery, your pain may be something other than adhesions. The problem with us adhesion folks is that it is the first thing the Doc's want to diagnose our complaints with. Yes, we may have adhesions but we may also have other things brewing that do warrant an investigation.

You may have partial bowel obstructions, if you do then you may need to change what foods you eat [low residue, low fiber] your not knowing what it could be does not help you make life style adjustments. We do not realize it but we all exacerbate our own condition out of ignorance. If you start to identify what sets your pain off, you can adjust and try to minimize the irritation.

You could have other issues as well...

If I were you, I would want a full diagnostic work up, if all the tests come back negative I would then accept the adhesion diagnosis. I would also consider some pain management so you can take the edge off. Pain management gave me my life back and made a world of difference.

DO not expect open arms and kissies from the medical teams.....unless you have a honey pot Doctor..LOL...for some reason the Doctors have a hard time putting us on pain management. I would just ask my family practice Doc for a referral to a pain management clinic if he is not willing to write. Your adhesions are a long term problem and family practice Docs do not like handling pain management long term...it can be way out of their comfort zone...

This is all merely my opinion, every one is different...you sound absolutely exhausted. DO NOT give up, there is quality of life for people like us where surgery is NOT an option.....

This DOES NOT all fall on medicine. YOU have to work just as hard to cope with your reality [inoperable] as you expect them to manage your disease and pain...it is a 50/50 working relationship...

My life changed once I accepted my disease and stopped hunting for some miracle Doctor to make this all go away. Reality is I am inoperable, no surgery unless life or death.

I channeled that strive for solution into total acceptance. It was medicine that decided on pain management so that I would be as active as I could be without constant needless suffering for doing so. That was the deal I made with my Doctors.

That was the beginning of my path towards acceptance.

That was when I took control of my life back

We are here for you!

Much Love,

MsLee

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: