can vaginal cuff adhesions cause severe chronic low back pain??

Tue Jul 25 19:08:05 2006

I need some major help before I give myself over to despair. I'll try to make this short: I was diagnosed with endometriosis at age 21 (went almost 6 years w/the pain before I got a diagnosis). I had abdominal surgery in 1996 to remove my fallopian tubes which were damaged beyond repair. I then underwent a hysterectomy in 1998 removing my left ovary, uterus, and cervix. The surgeon said my left ovary was adhered to the pelvic wall, I had Endo in the ovary & on the pelvic wall, and I had a lot of adhesions, some of which went into the bowel.

I went for almost 2 entire years after the hysterectomy of being pain free. Then the pain came back. The pain is all in my lower back. The pain is a constant burning pain across the lower back, with occasional throbbing pains thrown in for good measure. I've seen multiple chiropractors who have taken xrays and said my spine is perfect. I've seen regular doctors who tell me I've had a sprain and give me tylenol with codeine (which does nothing). I've seen physical therapists who said I have myofascial pain and need to stretch the muscles in the lower back. All to no avail. The low back pain has been going on for almost 6 years now. I now also have pain in both hips (although it feels like its on the hip bones) and I have pains shooting down the fronts of the upper parts of my legs.

I am now seeing a doctor at a pain management clinic. He scheduled me for an abdomninal MRI. Results came in today: extensive adhesions in the vaginal cuff, a pelvic cyst (not sure where) and no signs of Endo. The nurse who gave me the results said the adhesions would not cause the back pain even though they are extensive because the vaginal cuff is in the front. She said the cyst is "beside" the sciatic nerve, but not "on" it so it wouldn't cause the other pains. I need help. Am I going crazy? Am I having sympathy pains from organs that are no longer there?? Please anyone email me if you have any answers! By the way, I am currently 33 years old. :(

Thank you, Jenny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: